Course 1: Step-by-step guidance for developing successful grant applications in Horizon 2020 (Beginner to Advanced) (H2020-101)
A crash course on how to create winning H2020 grant applications. (There is a way).
The course duration is min 3 hours face-to-face including interactions. It does not include any break time as well as any presentations to be made by other speakers that should be added if applicable. The structure of the course has been optimized consistently in order to achieve the highest effect at the least possible duration and ensuring the largest participation, especially of individuals with a busy schedule.
Number of participants
There is no limitation on the number of participants. They can be from 6 to 600+ as long as they can listen to the instructor (Mr. Nikolaos Floratos) with a lavaliere microphone and can see his projections on screen wall and what he writes on the flipchart).
- To think and act like a leader in Horizon 2020
- To recognize which proposals will fail and which ones will succeed in Horizon 2020
- To identify the most promising Horizon 2020 call topic according to your resources, experience and determination
- To understand the full proposal development cycle
- To develop great ideas for your Horizon 2020 proposal
- To connect with key actors in Horizon 2020
- To receive easily and quickly critical feedback on your Horizon 2020 proposal
- To attract competent partners for your Horizon 2020 project
- How to identify highly competent Horizon 2020 proposal initiatives and get involved as partner
- To impress the evaluators with your grant application form
Course Structure and Approach
The above structure is of high value for researchers and individuals irrespectively to their experience on Horizon 2020. More specifically
- Beginners will master the essentials and how to identify and involve their group into potentially winning proposals,
- Intermediate and advanced experts will be able to improve significantly their approach in Horizon 2020 and increase their success rate.
- All participants will get the full recipe on how to develop step-by-step a successful Horizon 2020 proposal
Available Unique Resources
In addition, we will make available to all participants the following powerful tools and templates that are based on best practices from more than one hundred successful applications in Horizon 2020:
- The Full-Module Training Handbook™ with the training slides for each one of the modules above
- The Horizon 2020 Champion compass™ that is a two page* workbook template for making each participant to think and act like a leader in Horizon 2020
- The Horizon 2020 CR.I.T.E.R.I.A. toolkit™ that is a∗ snapshot with key resources, templates and examples for impressing the Horizon 2020 evaluators
We offer the best training experience at the most economical price. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to provide you more details on the training fee for delivering this distinct course at your premises.
A lavaliere microphone, projector to be connected to trainer’s laptop or to a PC, a screen wall, a flipchart and markers, wifi.
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
We are the only training organization on Horizon 2020 that our approach is based on results and not on effort. We are so confident of the high value of our training that we personally guarantee on its quality, effectiveness and distinct value. In case, you are not satisfied with our training, then we will not get paid anything. Even if some of the participants have already participated in another Horizon 2020 training session, we are committed to deliver an eye-opening session for all participants from novices to senior experts in Horizon 2020.
About the Trainer - Nikolaos Floratos
Nikolaos is ranked by Google and Linkedin in the top three positions as funding expert. His passion is education and training and his mission is to transform the life of individuals and make them better persons with his training. He is also a Phd researcher in student engagement and eLearning. He is a lifelong learner with B.Eng and M.Sc in Electrical Engineering and Communications from Imperial College, London, an MBA from National Technical University & Athens University of Economics and Business and recently completed his Bachelor of Arts in history of civilizations as a hobby. The last 10 years, he has transformed thousands of individuals from more than forty countries into successful grant application developers through outstanding training and coaching practices. He is the author also of the ebook "Who are the champions in Horizon 2020 and what you can learn from them" and he is also the host and organiser of the Horizon 2020 Virtual Summit (www.horizon2020summit.eu) the largest annual virtual training event with more than 35 top experts in Horizon 2020 as trainers and more than 2500 participants. He is an expert on behalf of the European Commission on evaluating and reviewing projects and proposals since 2003 and currently, through his research, he focuses on student engagement and he has proved that anyone can master even complicated subjects very fast by receiving training and support in an engaging way and with the proper instruction strategy. He delivers all his courses and seminars based on continuous interactions with his audience and based on “recipes” and practical steps that allow them to absorb easily what they should master and achieve extraordinary results very quickly. He has trained hundreds of organisations, universities and research institutions from all over Europe on how to exploit successfully Horizon 2020 and has received more than 100 recommendations at his linkedin profile as a funding expert, coach and trainer. Recently, he has founded the Funding Expert Academy for transforming individuals into great grant application developers. A list of indicative universities and other european or international organisations that Nikolaos has supported researchers and individuals on Horizon 2020 follow below:
- Open University of Catalonia (Spain)
- Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona (Spain)
- Sabanci University (Turkey),
- University of Bergen (Norway),
- Seinajoki University (Finland)
- Satakunta Univesity (Finland)
- Cergy Pontoise University (France)
- European Academy (Ireland)
- Center for Research and Technology (Greece)
- National Center for Scientific Research "DEMOKRITOS" (Greece)
- Technical University of Cyprus (Cyprus)
- University of Malta (Malta)
- KU Leuven (Belgium)
- Louvain University (Belgium)
- University of Perugia (Italy)
- Hogeschool van Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- Van Hall Larenstein University of Applied Sciences (Netherlands)
- European Academy for Education and Social Research (Ireland)
- Olympic Committee of Serbia (Serbia)
- European Regions Research and Innovation Network (European)
- European Platform for Rehabilitation (European)
- South Africa Research and Innovation Management Association (South Africa)
- Western Africa Research and Innovation Management Association.